TEXT: John 3:1-11
Preambles: From known physical birth to unknown spiritual birth
There is period of conception, period of preparation for the new baby,
- self preparation—changes in the physical body of the would be mother
- prenatal visitation in the maternity
- general medical care, physical care and precautions,
- purchasing baby things
- waiting and watching for the signs of the D-day
- the unique experience of travailing pain that accompanies child birth—the mother give to birth a unique, distinct and separate entity that was completely different from both daddy and mommy in character and purposes of God for his creation. The welcoming joy of the mother as well as the well wishers. A new physical birth usher a baby into this world to become an inhabitant of this earth and a citizen of a country.
- The same is the uniqueness of spiritual birth. Spiritual new birth usher the repented sinners into the kingdom of God. Matthew 6:33 Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness… Before bringing to spiritual birth, there was a time of waiting and watching, there was a time of travailing prayer and laboring of the saint in the evangelism field that a unique spiritual birth may take place in the life of a sinner. There is that welcoming joy of Angels in Heaven acknowledging the wonders of the new birth. Luke 15:10
- When the understanding of physical new birth and the spiritual new birth is related to the topic above—Priority and power of the New Birth—we are now taken to a new dimension of understanding. Priority always relates to urgency issues. Urgency matter always defies the normal protocols.
The question is: Why priority is attached to the spiritual new birth? The reason is that the time is very short—The messenger of the gospel message has limited time. The audiences of the gospel message have limited time. The message itself is for an appointed time because no one knows the appointed day of the coming of Jesus Christ. Mark 3:33-36 The larger percentage of people dying every day will go to hell if they do not experience this new spiritual birth. That is why spiritual new birth of a sinner is always on the top of agenda before our Heavenly Father who is not interested in the death of sinners.
PRIORITY OF THE NEW BIRTH
Genesis 6:8-18 Priority of Salvation through Noah to save the 8 members of the family of Noah—brought about the revelation of the Ark of Gopher wood. Because of the urgency of the new birth that God wanted the family of Noah to experience, although Noah was a gentile, God still used him for His glory. Although at that time, no human being had understood the sophisticated technology of boat building, but because of the urgency and priority, the wisdom and understanding was revealed unto Noah. It was as if God was telling Noah, “There is not much time left, “I will supply the blue print of the construction, and materials for the work, if only you are available to do the work.” God was faithful to the last letter with Noah. The sinful world of Noah was completely destroyed but the family of Noah experience salvation—I mean their own fashion of a new birth.
Exodus 2:2-9 Priority of Salvation through Moses made God to lead Moses mother to hide him for three months against the decree of the Pharaoh. When she could no longer keep the baby, she made an ark of Bulrush and she placed Baby Moses in it and placed him near the shallow bank of River Nile instead of throwing the baby into the rushing current of the river. Priority of the salvation of the people of God in Egypt led to the divine favor Moses experienced. The princess of Pharaoh had picked up the baby and God favor made Moses mother to nurse him in the Pharaoh palace and was paid for nursing her baby. Moses received his own salvation so that he can be an instrument of salvation for the nation of Israel in the bondage of the Egyptians.
Priority of Salvation through Jesus Christ led His conception to by-passing the important protocol of conception in humanity. Adam and Eve had blown it in the Garden of Eden. There was an urgency of reconciliation of man with His Creator. Adam and Eve did not have a preacher, they did not have any clue of how they can reconcile with God. Repentance was a strange vocabulary to Adam and Eve then. In the infinite mercy of God, a declaration was made in Genesis 3:15. Once the Heavenly God had spoken solution to the situation of mankind, the process of salvation was set in motion in the spiritual realm. Most of the prophets of the old prophesied about the same issue.
- About 700 years before the birth of Jesus Christ Bethlehem, prophet Isaiah 9:6-7; 7:14 prophesied about His conception, birth, mission on earth and his death.
- Angel appeared to Mary to announced the birth of Jesus Luke 1:31,35
- There was fulfillment of the prophecy in Matthew 1:18-23
- There was acknowledgement of the wonders of the new birth by the Angels Luke 2:9-14
POWER OF THE NEW BIRTH
- There is something unique and powerfJul in the new birth and that was why Jesus placed emphasize on this requirement to Nichodemus—You must be born again John 3:3-5
- New birth by spiritual adoption provides us power to become to become son of God. John 1:12; God gives the new births power Luke 10:19
- Right of inheritance as a result of a new birth make us to be joint heirs with Jesus Christ Romans 8:14-17; by the grace of this new birth our names are registered in the book of life—Anyone that his name is not found in the book of life is cast Revelation 20:15
- New birth makes us a brand new creatures—old things pass away—2 Corinthians 5:17
- Miraculous signs of the Holy Spirit follows those who experience the new birth—Mark 16:17-18; experience the presence of God in your Christian journey Isaiah 43:1-2, because you are a child of God, He will not forget you Isaiah 49:15-16
- Only those who had experienced the new birth have authority to receive the key of the kingdom—Matt 16:19; authority in Christ’s name Phil 2:9-11; Prov.18:10
- Those who had experienced the new birth converged together in one accord at the Upper Room to receive the visitation of Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost. Acts 2:1-4
PURPOSE OF THE NEW BIRTH
- It is the desire of God that sinners may be born again as a prerequisite for entering into the kingdom of God. John 3:1-8 Explain the profile of Nichodemus to emphasis the importance of being born again.
- Born to reveal the mystery of the glory of God—Conversion of Paul Acts 9
- Born to be the building blocks of the Church of Jesus Christ—Matthew 16:18 Upon the revealed rock of truth and the foundation of holiness the Church of Jesus Christ is built. The new births are the building blocks of the Church of Jesus Christ. We are told that Christ is the head of the Church, and therefore we are the building blocks and body of the church.
- Born to be perfect Genesis 17:1; because our Heavenly Father is perfect. Matthew 5:48
- Born to be sent forth—Isaiah 6:8
- Born to become an ambassador of Christ on earth—Ephesians 6:20
- Born to be sweet—Matthew 5:13—salt preserves we are to preserve righteousness and holiness on earth, salt makes difference—Job as example
- Born to please the Heavenly King Rev. 4:11—this includes—pleasing God by loving Him and worshipping with all our hearts, mind and with all our resources–pleasing God by loving one another John 13:34—pleasing God by believing and obeying his commandment—Isaiah 1:19
- Born to demonstrate the brilliant light of the gospel of Jesus Christ—Matthew 5:14-16—We must not let the light of our salvation quench with us. We must let it shine for the glory of God.
Is there any one here that is at the cross road of decision making tonight? Are you saying that I am too young to be born again, or saying I am too old to be born again? Are you so concerned about the life you have been living up to this moment and perhaps you thought that your sins are so much? I have good news for you. Our Pastor said recently that the blood Jesus Christ does not discriminate against any sin. Pray that God may forgive you all your sins.
The word of God says, “I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.” The grace that was available for the family of Noah, the same is available for you tonight. The grace that brought about the salvation of the Israelites from their bondage in Egypt is available for you tonight. The grace that brought Jesus Christ from His Throne in Heaven to this world, in order to redeem us is available to you this moment. Pray that you will not waste the grace of salvation in Jesus name.
Open your mouth and pray brethren, You must be born again because it is a commandment of God. If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the fruit of the land. Your right of inheritance as a joint heir with Jesus Christ is only entrenched in being born again. Pray that you will possess your inheritance as a son of God in Jesus name
Salvation is the spiritual visa you need to enter into the kingdom of God. Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness… Today is the appointed day, do not wait till tomorrow. Tomorrow may be too late. Heaven is waiting to celebrate your turning around to the Lord. Pray that the death of Jesus Christ will not be in vain in your life in Jesus name.
The eyes of the Lord are upon you to empower you with anointing of excellence. Jesus called His disciples, equipped them with power and sent them out with power. Pray that God may empower you with His anointing to do His blessed will.
You are saved to serve. As God called Isaiah and sent Him forth, the Lord is calling you tonight to send you forth. Pray that you may yield in humility to the honorable call of God in Jesus name.
If we do not preach, the people will perish, Salvation of sinners is the primary interest of God, pray that we may place priority to the interest of God, in Jesus name.